[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Nov 11 12:14:56 CST 2003

On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 12:02 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 11:52:52AM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
>
>> Anybody doing this - in a "winter" state?
>
> The simple solution is to put more and bigger machines out there.

*blink*

The Microvax II is already there...hmmm....

Anybody got an MV II running that could give me an idea of power usage?
  It's running an RA82 drive and is in a rack but has standard 110 plugs
on it.  They plug into the odd multi-plug box with the large wire on
it.  I'm thinking the box converts 220 but I don't know.
People have told me it should run fine with a standard heavy-duty power
strip.

I'm paying $88/month right now and I fully expect to run about $120
after everything is set up but I'd like some idea of how much the
"larger than average" iron eats.  ;-)

Mike Hebel