[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Nov 11 11:19:12 CST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:09:08PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > "What's this, then?  I thought you were getting rid of some of these
> > old
> > computers!"
>
>    You're not going to like this, Shel, but I won't sugar-coat it.
>
>    She can't have the zebra without its stripes.  Speaking entirely
> idealistically, it is evil, bad, cruel, and just plain wrong to say "I
> like this person, but I don't like this and this and this about him, so
> I'm going to marry him and make him stop doing those things."

There is however, room for compromise.  For instance, if the Challenge
is preventing the car being parked inside, the reasonable response is
to move the Challenge to the unused den or spare bedroom :-)

Or alternatively to buy a small shed if the property is large enough
and have a "server shed" where all the toys can go.

--Patrick