[rescue] Challenge L Rescue

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Nov 8 15:01:50 CST 2003

I've done this on a couple of SGIs:

login as lp... if the system is default, lp will log you into a shell
with no password.

Get the encrypted password, then on another system, run crack on it.

Of course, it the password is not crackable... then you need to be
able to mount the drives and edit the files to null out root's password.

-- Curt