[rescue] Mac Hints needed

nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com
Tue Nov 4 12:41:07 CST 2003

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Joost van de Griek wrote:
>
> > No version of Mac OS X will run on a non Open Firmware Mac. Panther (10.3)
> > will not boot on Old World Macs.
>
> Actually if you have a PDS G3 accelerator that works with Linux/PPC
> running on a Nubus based pre-OF PPC Macs, then it should be possible to
> run OS X inside of Mac-On-Linux through it's support of loading a New
> World ROM from a file:
>
> http://www.maconlinux.org/userguide/newworldrom.html

Umm..yeah.  Waiting for the screen to re-paint.  I'm almost positive that configuration would be too painful to use.

As for booting on Old World Macs - give somebody time.  Some insane coder will find a way to do it.  ;-)

I don't code any more otherwise I might consider it a challenge.  Kind of like trying to shoehorn a 351W Ford engine into a Ford Festiva.  (I've seen it done!)

Mike Hebel