[rescue] Interesting Ultra 2 fact...

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Sun Jun 29 10:49:45 CDT 2003

> A system I am a volunteer administrator on is an Ultra 2 Enterprise:
>> System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus
>> (2 X
> UltraSPARC-II 296MHz)
>> System clock frequency: 99 MHz
>
> w/about a gig of memory to support about 5K users (shell server,
> but most POP mail rather than log in).
>
> I wish I had one at home with a big honkin' graphics card, but
> no cash at the moment.
>
> =Nadine=

You'd be amazed how cheap you can get one for nowadays.  =)

I love the Ultra 2, and I only decommissioned mine when I got a
CycleQuad to replace it.

2x300mHz,512mb,2x18gb,Creator series 3.  I have built mine piece by
piece, to save money.  BTW, you definitely can use 250mHz modules.
Just look on Sun's site for the appropriate jumper settings.