[rescue] Re: Interesting Ultra 2 fact...

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jun 29 04:24:28 CDT 2003

>I had been under the impression that I could not use a 250Mhz module
>in an Ultra 2, but this document:
>
>http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/805/805-0936/pdf/805-0936-14.pdf
>
>Mentions setting the CPU speed jumper for 250 and 300Mhz modules...
>
>Interesting...
>
>--Kurt

Hi Kurt

I've seen your follow up message, but I just wanted to confirm that the 250MHz modules do seem to work fine in Ultra 2 systems. About six months ago I pulled a 250MHz/1MB module off a junked E450 motherboard and it booted into Solaris 8 on my U2 with no apparent problems. According to my notes, the 250MHz module was a 501-4857 part.

Regards,

Gavin