[rescue] Ultra 2 Woes...

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sat Jun 28 18:38:38 CDT 2003

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> So, I put the CPU module in, populated the 1st bank of memory
> with 4 32M DIMMs and tried it out.  Nothing from the serial
> port.  (Actually, first time I plugged into the parallel =) ).

Found it!  Got the reference in the manual for the 300Mhz
CPU module.  The CPU speed jumper was set for a 300Mhz module.
It needed to be in the default position (which is for 167,
200 and 400Mhz modules).

The jumper is J2301, it's located just behind the two right
most sbus slots when looking from the back.  It needs to be
toward the CPUs for the 167, 200 and 400 Mhz modules.
Towards the sbus slots for the 300Mhz (and 250 Mhz) modules.

Thought I'd post what I had to do.

I have a working Ultra 2!  Woohoo!

=)

--Kurt