[rescue] vinyl - wav - cd

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Jun 28 15:42:49 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 02:40:14PM -0600, dave venable wrote:
> A buddy just gave me a stack of classic rock albums and a very high end
> turntable.
>
> Has anyone, or does anyone know the drill to get these off vinyl, and
> into wave format? I have an Indigo2 (teal). My guess is that I should
> convert the audio jacks on the I2 to 4 channels, and use the sound
> mixer, but from there, I am lost.

I would think that turntable outputs --> I2 audio jacks would work
just fine, no?  Then capture as a wav file.  After that, there is a
util that will turn it from wav into something you can burn to cd.

You will want to check audiopanel to be sure you are capturing at 44.1
or 48kHz.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Lisp hosting       |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |