[rescue] cleaning cases/LCDs

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Jun 28 12:49:11 CDT 2003

--On Saturday, June 28, 2003 12:33 PM -0400 Andrew Weiss
<ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:

> I stand by the iKlear stuff I got for my Pismo... takes most of the
> keyboard grease off the LCD... and I got it in a kit with a Suede
> keyboard protector so it doesn't continue to happen....
>
> It's sold by MacResQ as safe for LCD's of all kinds.

When I was asking about removing scratches from LCD overlays,
I found an option at MacResQ to replace this portion of the
Pismo.  Turns out that the overlay on LCDs is a type of
polarized plastic, so using *anything* abrasive on it would
screw it up further.

I agree with Andrew--iKlear rocks.  Other places sell it as
well, and you can get it either in the packets, or in a
bottle with a microfiber cloth.

I have also used the Screen Clean wet/dry pad combo packs
that you see at office supply stores ($JOB-2 bought them
in bulk) to good effect.

=Nadine=