[rescue] Lantronix

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Jun 28 02:18:55 CDT 2003

My trusty Lantronix EPS4 (my print server) "died" the other day...

I've discovered that the problem is AC ripple between common
and ground.  I suspect weak/failing caps (although they all visually
look fine).

In the meantime I've removed the power supply and routed wires
out the back and have the ends stripped and plugged into an old
AT supply (12V, 5V, -5V, COMMON).  Works for now...

So... anyone out there got any old Lantronix stuff that is either
dead (maybe blown flash ?), etc....   ?????  or a working
EPS4 (or a two port Lantronix print server)....

On my power supply, there are three types of caps... mylar? cubes,
electolytics, and some blue disc like capacitors (I'm not sure
of the type, they are not ceramic disc, but I don't they are
tantalums)....  I'll probably start with the electrolytics in the
primary AC feed.....

Well, enough rambling... anyone got any Lantronix stuff they don't
want anymore ?

Thanks,

  -- Curt