[rescue] Re: G5 case

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jun 27 12:02:21 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 12:24:13PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > That said, I don't find OpenOffice to be slow at all.  Perhaps my defenition
> > of "slow" is different than other folks.
>
> I find starting any of the OO applications to be
> slow, but once they are started they seem okay to
> me.

You guys are easy to please.

I find OO slow to start up and run.

I have a 700MHz Athlon system with 512MB RAM and decent graphics and
drive hardware.  It's usable, but slow.

A machine like this should run a word processor suite so fast that its
runtime is not noticable at all.

I found that the office suite on my old Mac IIci with a 50MHz CPU was
nearly as fast at the same resolution.

Sorry, but that's pretty sad.