[rescue] Re: right to die [was: Apple WWDC Summary]

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jun 27 12:12:57 CDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> but is it moral to do something risky/stupid and -almost- die, and end
> up a vegetable and/or cripple supported at great public expense?

That's a different argument altogether.  As a libertarian, I am not in
favor of socialized medicine.

> and i don't understand why kids -must- be in the back seat, but small
> adults are allowed to -drive-.  supposedly, it's because airbags
> endanger small people, so why is -age- the rule...

Because you can only discriminate based on race and age in this country,
not by size.  Although, they're working really hard to change that (see
also: "the fat tax").

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren