[rescue] Re: G5 case

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Fri Jun 27 10:23:13 CDT 2003

Rico Pajarola wrote:
> dittman at dittman.net (Eric Dittman) wrote:
>
>> For all the slagging *BSD fans do on Linux I
>> think it is ironic that there is a Linux
>> compatibility layer.  If Linux sucks so bad
>> why do *BSD people want to run Linux binaries?
>
> Troll!
>
> It's to avoid having to run Linux just because application
> X has not been ported to FreeBSD...

Yep, and we are very lucky that commercial vendors
are releasing Linux versions of their software.

Linux is a millitant dork lightning rod.  It keeps
the slashdot types busy so they don't screw up
our production OS's.  Eventually, any good
features they come up with are adopted by *bsd,
but with a careful though out development
process.

KL