[rescue] cleaning cases

C. Magnus Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Fri Jun 27 08:25:03 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 08:58 AM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Has anyone had any sucess in cleaning permenant black magic marker off
> of the painted steal cases and plastic cases so commonly used on
> computers?  It really bugs me having those markings on the machines.

If nothing else works, as a last resort try Castrol SuperClean (I think
that's the right name... it's definitely made by Castrol, and typically
sold at auto parts stores).  I've used it more for car restoration when
you want to remove thirty-plus years of baked on grime.  The stuff is
concentrated, and pretty nasty.  I suggest wearing a respirator if you
have one.

This stuff is pretty strong, so be careful using it.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish