[rescue] DLT drives and libraries

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Fri Jun 27 07:24:28 CDT 2003

Well, physically most or all DLT drives are the same.  I think most if not all
have the spindle to open the "handle" / latch mechanism.

In my case, the only difference between standalone / library drive is
firmware.  On my DLT4000 I just grabbed the right firmware from Quantum's
page and loaded it in.  Presto change-o.

But in your case, are the robotics controlled by the drive (the loader header
is the same from DLT 2000 to 4000, but different on 7000) or does it have a
separate SCSI interface?  If the robotics has its own SCSI interface, then
you can probably get away with any drive (sheer guess).

-E.