[rescue] DLT drives and libraries

James Braid jamesb at digipost.co.nz
Fri Jun 27 01:00:53 CDT 2003

Hi guys,

Hoping that you may be able to help me out here. I've got an ATL L500
library, however the DLT7000 drive in it is broken (it makes a weird buzzing
noise when I power it on, and the library never completes the
initialization). As far as I can tell the library transport and everything
are fine, just the drive is busted.

I've taken the drive out and it appears to be a normal DLT7000 internal
drive in a mounting tray, however the handle mechanism has been replaced
with an motor + gears arrangement.

Does anybody know where I would get a replacement drive or drives (it's got
2 drive slots) for this library? Are all library DLT drives the same?

Cheers, James