[rescue] sun4c/sun4m support in l00nix

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Thu Jun 26 10:19:39 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 06:26:11AM -0400, C. Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> sun4c is dead.  sun4m is supported.

BTW: I'm still running a Sun4c system -- a Sparc 2 with the Weitek
upgrade and a 64M RAM board plugged into it, which is, I think about
as maxxed out as it'll go.  I'm also still running SunOS 4.1.4 on it,
just for grins.  Well, and as a persistent curmudgeonly reaction
against SunOS->Solaris. ;-)

BTW2: OpenBSD performs marvelously on Sun4c hardware.  Until I upgraded
it recently, I had a Sparc 2 running BIND, sendmail, qpopper, and apache
for a small office.  I booted it *once* when it went live, and it stayed
up until 434 days later when I shut it down.

---Rsk