[rescue] Re: G5 case

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Jun 26 00:45:35 CDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > > Sun4c has been unsupported for a while.  But that's
> > > only one subset.

> > Uh huh, but debian DOES support sun4c.  But sun4m had severe problems
> > until maybe the last six months... and that's a LOT of systems
> > that 2.4 didn't work with.

> The discussion was about the kernel support of
> sun4c, not distribution.

No, it started with you expressing disbelief about why
Debian stable didn't default to a 2.4 kernel.  I explained
that they support multiple architectures that 2.4 didn't
support, then I was told of course 2.4 supported multiple
architectures.  Then this.

Now you're telling me the discussion was about something else.

Right.

--Kurt