[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jun 25 20:27:18 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 08:44:55PM -0400, vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
> > I know you detest and despise x86 PCs, but please don't allow that to
> > lead you into thinking that anything that's not an x86 PC must
> > automatically and necessarily be better.
>
> You are doing the converse.  The machines currently being produced by
> Apple are superior than x86 PC's.  It has nothing to do with whether I
> despise PC's.  I own and use PC's.

Excuse me ...   I didn't say a word against the current machines.  In
fact, I said the G5 looks like it kicks much ass.  (Or will, when it
actually starts shipping.)

What I said was that many of the *OLDER* Macs, specifically the early
Power Macs, sucked rocks through a straw.  And I stand by that
statement.  And as a matter of fact, I wasn't even talking to you when I
said it, and I did not in fact at any point accuse you of despising PCs.

Just setting the record straight.