[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jun 25 20:19:58 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 04:53:04PM -0700, N. Miller wrote:
> --On Tuesday, June 24, 2003 11:47 AM -0400 Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net>
> wrote:
> >I like the metal... I'd just like it if everything matched.
> >
> >But the Finder isn't about metal or no metal it's the weird Safari-isms
> >that have crept in that I don't really like.
>
> I would rather that they just give me a tool and allow me to choose
> my own color/pattern/etc.  I hate having to get a third party tool
> to do something to customize the OS--it should come with it or be
> configurable via a text file (like X).

Agreed.  What's the point of all the pretty eye candy if you're stuck
with something you don't like?  But knowing Apple, they probably think
letting customers customize the interface (hmm, interesting commonality
of word roots there, isn't it?) would "dilute Apple's brand identity" or
some such marketing bullpuckey.