[rescue] Re: G5 case

C. Magnus Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Jun 25 18:59:38 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 06:10 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Well I recently heard that someone got it built under
> NetBSD/alpha...but I gave up after trying for DAYS to compile KDE v2.0
> under IRIX.  I haven't looked at it since.  I'm glad to hear you have
> it working.

For OpenBSD I built it myself.  But for OS X I cannot claim credit for
the success, as Ben Reed set up binary packages as part of the fink
project.  Just did an "apt-get install kde" (or something to that
effect) and let my cable modem dance for awhile downloading packages.

But native aqua packages are on the way (thanks to the recent GPL
licensing of Qt on OS X) so you won't even need X11 running to run KDE,
and it will work directly with aqua like a native Mac app.  Weee!

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish