[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Jun 25 18:36:45 CDT 2003

--On Tuesday, June 24, 2003 7:25 PM -0400 Charles Shannon Hendrix
<shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Apple has lost a lot of new and old customers by refusing to sell
> anything but a full system.  Lot's of G3 owners I know left the Mac
> scene because "upgrading" to a G4 meant buying a whole new system.
>
> This was especially stupid for people who had hot graphics and SCSI
> systems, and had no need for drives or graphics in the upgrade.
>
> I like Apple, but I'll not likely have one unless money falls on me, or
> they get some flexibility in how they sell machines and parts.

This is why there is a thriving Mac "underground economy" of buying and
selling used Macs and components.  For example, I recently traded two
9GB SCSI disks and $20 (rec'd) for a Mac SE, three Mac IIci's, and a
load of Nubus cards.  I kicked in another $15 for shipping.

If you are interested, go to www.lowendmac.com and sign up for the
swap list--runs about 1/3 the volume that rescue has of late. ;-)

=Nadine=