[rescue] Stupid Solaris Net Install Problem

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Jun 25 17:23:27 CDT 2003

--On Monday, June 23, 2003 11:49 PM -0400 Kurt Mosiejczuk
<kurt at csh.rit.edu> wrote:

>> > COuld you have bad/damaged media? This is getting silly...
>
>> Tell me about it. =)  I'm reinstalling the install server currently.
>> If that doesn't work, I'll try getting the Sol9 ISO images again.
>
> Just another thought (and I haven't responded to myself in this
> thread for what, hours?)... I think originally I did the
> "modify_install_server" to also make the webstart available...
> did Sun do something dumb like not check if keyboard and
> framebuffer were available in the webstart?  I mean, that
> shouldn't make a vt100 based install barf, right?

If iirc, you have to explicitly set *everything* in your jumpstart
profile or it will barf out this way (if it has a head it will
drop you to the curses version of the interactive install).  The
biggest problem I had with my jumpstart profile was getting the
syntax right for the defaultrouter and the dns server.

I don't have a solaris box to bork around with or I'd make more
detailed suggestions.
=Nadine=