[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Jun 25 16:12:15 CDT 2003

--On Sunday, June 22, 2003 8:06 PM -0400 Phil Stracchino
<alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> For my moeny, Carl's Jr (now owned by ...  um ...  Howard Johnsons?) is
> the closest to real food among the fast-food places.

Carl Karcher Enterprises, Inc. is the corporation.  They bought
Hardee's about 7(?) years ago.

Carl's is pretty good, I eat breakfast there a lot (breakfast
burrito).  They have a bacon ranch chicken sandwich that has
processed swiss instead of american cheese.  (I don't eat
much hamburger--I like beef but don't care that much for
hamburger, so I have to be "in the mood" for a burger.)

I eat a lot at Taco Bell; those around here have pretty good
consistency, and the price is good when you are on a low-carb
diet and trying to get a lot of food (get tacos and eat the
filling, but not the shells :-).

> Burger Thing and MacVomits aren't even classified as "food" in my mind.

McDonald's is trying their damnedest not to die--they recently added
"premium salads" to their menu.  Burger King has brought back the
veggie burger and added a chicken Whopper.

The fastest growing sector of the retail food market is the 'betweens'
--higher quality food served quickly without the overhead of full-blown
restaurants.  Yan's, Boston Market, Honey-baked Ham, Quizno's (subs),
etc.  Those last 3 are at the lower-end of this market, though.

=Nadine=