Info pages (was Re: [rescue] Re: G5 case)

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Jun 25 15:43:22 CDT 2003

Phil Stracchino [alaric at caerllewys.net] wrote:

> Being able to use something other than the godawful gnu info browser
> might actually make info useful.  Trying to use info invariably ends up
> with me three levels deep in some submenu that claims to be helping me,
> and unable to figure out how I got there or how to get back out.

Check out pinfo.  It's included in a lot of Linux distros, and makes
info pages almost [0] tolerable.  Basically, it's a lynx-ish interface
to info pages.  I'd point you at a link, but it looks like the official
pinfo site is in the process of moving.

Mike

[0] I still hate info pages.
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak