[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary, Cube Computers

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jun 25 11:29:05 CDT 2003

On 2003.06.25 15:03 Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> Just 9 inches?
Yes. Because this drive is big, but small enough so that a single person
can carry it. (40 kg)

I still have to restore the 14" RK07 (together with a PDP-11/34A) that
is sitting in my kitchen...

> Going back almost 10 years, I had a big old Sun3/260 in rackmount with
> the Fujitsu Eagle 14 inch SMD drives.  I loved flipping the big "write
> protect" switch on the front then typing "touch filename" - the
> console would pop up an error message.
Hmmm, reminds me of that old Symbolics 6000 Lisp machine. Card cage with
18 fans and a pre-Eagle 14" Fujitsu drive in the bottom. The drive
needed one hour to warm up bevore it was usable.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen