[rescue] Re: G5 case

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 08:41:07 CDT 2003

Eric Dittman <dittman at dittman.net> wrote:
[...]
> The problem with the unchangingness of Debian stable is everything is so
> out of date that unless you start upgrading everything you miss a lot of
> features. I install Debian stable and did a dist-update to the latest
> unstable and found I still had the old, slow 2.2 kernel.

Given the fiasco over the 2.4.x kernel series, especially the versions
current at the time of the release of woody, it strikes me as pretty
sensible that the stock kernel remains a well-tested version 2.2 kernel.

--
The advice given me about Maglites is to hold it out sideways from yourself
but at shoulder height[2], this makes the opponent think you are standing 3