[rescue] Now Boats was Cray on ebay

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Wed Jun 25 06:38:01 CDT 2003

James Rice wrote:

> Stock 454's.  They have silencers, those Mercruiser water exhaust,
> maniford, plumber's nighmare systems.  This is a 42' cruiser.  With both
> 454's firewalled, it moves at 19-20 knots max.  I think it's rated in
> gallons per mile.  It costs almost $800 to fill it up from dry tanks.
> It's fun to drive, just don't get in a hurry.

Ah, exhausts down through the stern drive?
I'm just curious since a friend of mine has a 21ft DC with a (newly
installed) Merc 454, but with wet exhausts through two tailpipes at the
back. The move from 350cui to 454cui was more than I'd expect,
especially in forms of sound, cause there's no silencers...
The boat did atleast 50 knots at full speed, but I suspect he'll go
further than that with this engine, when he'll change the propeller.

/Bjorn