[rescue] Re: G5 case

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Jun 25 03:32:10 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 04:13, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > There is a world of difference between doing something and doing
> > something well.
>
> I've had absolutely no problems with running Windows 98
> or 2000/XP Pro with VMware.
>
> I haven't used Crossover Office myself, but other people
> I've talked to have had no problems, either.

Let me tell you that crossover office is a godsend. Wine sometimes doesn't
update widgets right, but it's a very minor annoyance. Plus, any monkey can
use it. Run a shell script (no rpms or debs unfortunately), open window
manager menu (works with windowmaker, kde, gnome, maybe a few others), take
crossover office > setup, choose app, insert cdrom (msoffice or whatever),
let it run, and you got a menu item for word & excel & ... besides openoffice
;-)

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be