[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 24 17:16:19 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 04:23 PM, William Enestvedt wrote:

> Bill Bradford wrote:
>>
>> What I want to know is wether the single-CPU systems can be
>> upgraded to dual-CPU with the simple addition of a CPU module.
>> Or, in other words, is the motherboard the same across all
>> systems and only the CPU modules different - or is a single-cpu
>> system's mainboard incapable of supporting a second CPU.
>>
>    Different front-side bus depending on the CPUs, if I recall, which
> doesn't
> bode well for a simple swap. Then again, it's The Steve...

Right, but is the bus a function of the mainboard, or of the CPU.  I
have an Aopen P4 mainboard here that has different FSB speeds depending
on what P4 processor is plugged into it.

--
Kurt				"There are some bad people on the rise.
kurt at k-huhn.com	They're saving their own skins by ruining peoples