[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Jun 24 16:27:06 CDT 2003

> to some folks, it could use the ones you already had.   During that same
> time period, didn't Macs go through 2 or 3 (or maybe 4)
> mutually-incompatible bus designs?  <something> then NuBus then PDS then
> PCI?

Nope, Macs went from NuBus -> PCI. PDS was a model specific bus, but it
did not supercede NuBus as much as it complemented it.

Macs are far more durable than PCs, hence their total cost of ownership is
comparable if not lower than PCs, basically because your mac will be
relatively usable in the next 2/3/4 years (I am still using a 8500 at
home, which is what... 6 yrs old or so). NuBus stuck for a looooong time,
so that is not an argument against apple.