[rescue] G5 case

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Jun 24 16:05:32 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 02:53:26PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Eh.  I ran BeOS on my Mac years ago.  I was *not* impressed.
>
>    I was like "whoopie doo, a UNIX-like shell with a horribly ugly
> window manager", and reinstalled MacOS that day.

I liked the window manager.  Obviously that was a matter of taste.

I also loved the speed (it was far faster than linux desktops tended to
be), and the file system, and the APIs.  I since have grown up a bit and
realized that the APIs perhaps weren't all that great compared to other
things out there (like the NS ObjectiveC stuff), but they were pretty
nice for C++ I thought.