[rescue] Re: G5 case

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jun 24 15:37:29 CDT 2003

>flinters <flinters at picarefy.com> wrote:

>> >    Yeah, the potential to destroy any possibility for GOOD mainstream
>> > low-end computer hardware.  I hope they buy a clue and put a bullet in
>> > that project before it goes too far.
>>

>> I don't get it.  You'd be against having a *nix based OS with the OSX
>> interface on a PC?  Personaly I'd love to put that onto a 1.4Ghz PC or
>> similar.  Am I missing the point?
>
>Nope.  That's his point actually.  People would *love* to get OS X on a PC.
>If that happens, how many people would opt for that rather than pay a
>slightly higher price for Apple's hardware?  The combo of OS, software, and
>hardware are what make Apple what it is - remove the hardware and you've got
>another BeOS.
>
>--
>Kurt

I agree with you analysis Kurt, but I would still like to see OS X on x86. While I really like Mac computers I also _really_ hate Apple the company. As far as I'm concerned they're bunch of fascist wankers.

Unless the Apple management culture changes, I won't be buying a new Mac anytime soon.

Regards,

Gavin