[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 24 15:16:52 CDT 2003

Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 02:43:55PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > > I may head over to the Apple Store this weekend to fondle one.  And
> > > maybe buy one.  I don't know if I wantot buy one *just* yet though.
> >
> > THey wont be available for purchase till August.
> >

> Huh?
>
> They're listed on store.apple.com.  *clickety*  Yup, all the way up to
> where it asks for my credit card and shipping address.  Where did you read
> that?

Never mind.  I just called Apple.  While they're available for *purchase*
right now, they will not ship until mid-August.  Poop.

I really want to take a look inside one before I buy it.  A dual-2Ghz would
be nice, but it's outside my price range.  What I want to know is wether the
single-CPU systems can be upgraded to dual-CPU with the simple addition of a
CPU module.  Or, in other words, is the motherboard the same across all
systems and only the CPU modules different - or is a single-cpu system's
mainboard incapable of supporting a second CPU.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."