[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jun 24 13:49:15 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 01:53 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> However good the new G5 is (and it looks really impressive, no question
> of that), I personally continue to think Apple will remain nothing but
> niche player as long as it remains a single-source supplier.

   ...just like all those other single-source niche players, like Sun,
SGI, IBM, Cisco...

   Having roughly (and I mean ROUGHLY) compatible hardware sold by
zillions of different manufacturers isn't necessarily an all-around
great solution to anything.  It makes things cheap, sure, but look at
the quality you wind up with.

        -Dave