[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Jun 24 06:09:58 CDT 2003

On paper capabilities perhaps, but reliability no.  I worked for a Mac only VAR back in those days and i saw many more hardware failures from Power Computing and UMAX boxen than i ever did from Apple.  Note, that i am not saying Apple was top notch hardware back then, i'm just saying that the clones we worked with were much worse.  I worked on so many i can still see pictures of Power Computing mobos in my head.  Of topic, but of note, many of Power Computing's boards had little comic book/movie characters printed on them.  I particularly remember see the "Predator" often.

I think Daystar Digital had some decent stuff but i didn't touch any of it firsthand.

/KRM

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/