[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Jun 24 12:38:28 CDT 2003

Phil wrote:

> During the short period when Apple allowed third-party
> manufacturers to produce Macs, the "cloners" were turning
> out machines significantly superior to Apple's own...

   If I might, I thought that the Power Computing cases weren't anything
special, and I don't recall any of the others (UMAX, et al.) being memorable,
either. Come to think of it, didn't Mac-clone cases come up diring the recent
discussion of worst cases for working in ever?
   I'll grnt that they offered better stock video cards (didn't they?) and
more-standard components (like RAM), but my memory could be failing me. I
worked at a big Boston service bureau at the time, and we had a lot of Macs
and some clones.
   Not stirring up the pot, but just offering a couple of cents.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator