[rescue] Stupid Solaris Net Install Problem

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Tue Jun 24 10:22:27 CDT 2003

Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:
>

>>>No friggin idea.  I mean, it says LX on it.  I had never heard of an
>>>LX+
>>>until I also saw it in that document...
>

>>   I've never heard of an LX+ either.  I'm suspicious.
>

> It gets better.  Look at the FEH up on sunsolve for the LX part
> of the handbook.  It lists the LX and a ZX.  Only ZX I've ever
> heard of is the Leo graphics board, but that is NOT what the
> FEH is talking about...

Maybe an LX+ is an LX with the 1M Vsimm so it can do
higher resolution (+ usually means that with sun framebuffers).
Maybe ZX was supposed to be an LX with a Leo board.

Speaking of '+', when my cg12 is recognized by solaris2.x,
it says something like "... is a cg12+"  Does that mean
it does higher resolution than a regular cg12?  The
handbook only has info on the regular cg12, which
matches the part number I have.

KL