[rescue] Rescued IPC -> SS5-85 critter

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jun 23 14:00:50 CDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> No sweat.  A Mac Plus modem cable and a null modem, and your serial
> connection is made.  AUI adapters for your 10base-of-choice aren't hard to
> find, either.  If Mr. Bill ever gets the ones from the thrift store, he can
> send you one of mine.

I have a couple of each around, as I always grab the $1 mac modem cables
when I find them... but "hard to find" takes on an entirely new meaning in
my apartment. Some days I can't even find the cat.

> I think the Cycle-5 upgrade to the IPC/IPX lunchboxes is a sweet deal,
> and I wish I had one.

I've heard about them, but this is the first I've seen in the flesh, as it
were. I love my Cycle Quad (upgrade for Ultra 2, turns it into a compact
420), and this one should make a nice wee storage/netservices box. I got a
SunSwift card with it, and will probably throw either a FSBE or DSBE in
depending on what I use for storage.

--Rob
Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com