[rescue] Stupid Solaris Net Install Problem

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jun 23 12:49:31 CDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, William Enestvedt wrote:

> > It seems to be loading the kernel and then gives the "Divide
> > By Zero".

>    Are there any patches or dumb workarounds required? For example, some
> systems (e.g., E420R) require booting from that "Solaris Operating
> Environment" 2.6 CD and installing a patch.

Haven't found evidence of any...

>    Also, is it an LX or an LX+ (since the Sol. 9 Hardware Platform Guide lists
> each of them)?

No friggin idea.  I mean, it says LX on it.  I had never heard of an LX+
until I also saw it in that document...

>    And last (but dumbest), is it some kind of 32/64-bit problem? Sun's site
> says that the LX is one of the handful of "32-bit kernel/driver only
> platforms."

Not that I know of.  Today I'm figuring I'm gonna try installing a
Sparc 10 or 20 via netboot and see if that works.  If it does, that
says it's LX-specific.  Perhaps specific to that one (hardware).
If it doesn't work, I'll try my other Ultra 1 and find out if it's
sun4m-specific...

>    Just a few shots in the dark.

And not bad things to bring up...

--Kurt