[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Jun 23 12:07:06 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:27:40PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 08:06:51PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
> > For my moeny, Carl's Jr (now owned by ...  um ...  Howard Johnsons?) is
> > the closest to real food among the fast-food places.
>
> Nothing like that around here.
>
> Sonic was good when they first arrived, but they've quickly degenerated.
> Mostly it is the workers though: they absolutely suck.  When they are on
> the ball, Sonic is OK.

Actually, when I wrote the above of Carl's Jr, I completely forgot
In'n'Out.  This is possibly because In'n'Out is so good I don't think of
it as fast-food.

It's a California-only chain at this point.  Everything is made fresh
onsite from fresh local produce.  You can watch them make the fries by
hand from whole potatoes -- none of the usual crap of extruding powdered
instant potato mix through a die, they take whole potatoes and push them
through a set of crossed blades with a lever press.  The beef is
fresh-ground, the rolls are baked on the premises.

The secret menu is fun, too.  Two by four animal style, fries well done,
please.  :)