[rescue] Blank screen

Arvid Ericsson Arvid.Ericsson at liberal.se
Mon Jun 23 05:17:27 CDT 2003

The screen on my Ultra 1 (tgx-graphics) sorta died yesterday. It worked
perfectly a couple of days ago.

The machine boots fine, I can hear all the familiar hdd-sound all the way
to the x-login. I can also do abort-a and power-off.

The scren also goes on as usual when I hit the power button. It does the
regular "buzzing" and then... instead of displaying something, it goes
into the "wait-state" it uses to be in when the monitor is on and the
computer is off.

Nothing is changed inside the computer since it worked the last time. I
did lift the monitor up from the floor, onto a table, but the lift was
perfectly smooth (for the monitor that is, my back might have another
opinion =).

I've yet to try another monitor on the computer or another machine on the
monitor. I'm looking for some clues to what might have happened.

Hardware:
Ultra 1 170, standard everyting
20" original Sun monitor.

Software: