[rescue] Spreadsheets

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jun 22 14:50:37 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:30:04AM -0500, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Excel is possibly the most usefull MS product, and quite possibly also
> the most abused.  In theory SIAG, Gnumeric, and OpenOffice can keep up,
> but I haven't seen anyone pull it off yet.

I don't know... when I worked for a bank, we found so many math bugs in
Excell that it was very difficult to trust it.

Much of it was improper assumptions it made about data, and the 65K row
limitation.

I'd have a very hard time trusting it.

I like the program in terms of how it works, I just worry about the
guts.

I also thought the older versions were a better from the UI standpoint.
It's now gross and bloated, like most of the other software.