[rescue] Hackers

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Sun Jun 22 05:29:19 CDT 2003

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> On Sunday 22 June 2003 04:56, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > > Hey... I personally think it's cool to have hacking presented in
> > > a not completely moronic way.  Using a REAL exploit.  And REAL
> > > security tools....
> >
> > What, all I remember is "I am the key maker."
>
> Trinity uses nmap to portscan the computer system of that big building in the
> end, discovers an old unpatched ssh server and exploits it (crc32 blabla
> whatever, I'm not too keen on security). See http://www.nmap.org/ :-)

Damn, all I remember is trinitry wearing skin tight leather outfits, just
for that -and the bike fight scene- the whole movie was worth it, IMHO :)
Although I guess I am just a sucker for hot women wearing tight leather
outfits jumping and kicking around, while opening some serious cans of
woopass......

The problem is that the original 360 deg ass shot from the 1st movie is
damn hard to improve, so this time they had to use weird plot twists. I liked
how they induced so many variables into the plot as to leave my friends
and I talking about what was really going to happen in the next episode.
Frankly I thought that the fact that the movie kept us guessing and
talking about it for a while was remarkable.

The movie had some annoyances I must admit, but overall I do not think it
was *that* bad, however the movie requested much acting from Keanu and
that can not be a good thing.....