[rescue] A bit of Fun

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Jun 21 12:12:28 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 08:03  PM, Mike Johnson wrote:

> See, I've heard complaints about 8500 and 8600's, but I never saw one.
> I really agree with you, though.  I love my 7500, which I've had since
> they were new.  It was the first time I opened a computer and got all
> excited.  The drives are a bit annoying, but I do so like the fold out
> stuff.

8500... the 8500 shared the same case basically as the 8100.  Nicknamed
the fridge it was one of the most difficult mini-tower cases to work
with.  After taking apart many of these I'm quite quick at it so I no
longer mind. (kind of like those guys who break down and re-assemble
guns really quickly)

The 8600 and 9600 came in basically the same case... the one that was
shortened height-wise for the grey G3. (actually I'm not looking at
refs right now but I believe the 8600 was the short case and the 9600
the tall one)

the 7600 came in the Desktop G3 case.... also easy to get into.
Whoever designed the cases around that time was pretty good at
engineering... they were really nice functionally... and pretty to boot.

Andrew