[rescue] Cray on Ebay

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri Jun 20 22:53:15 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire intoned ...

>    I wasn't trying to rub your nose in it, Shel.  Manufacturers always
> overstate the weight, heat output, and power consumption of their
> hardware, often by a factor of two or more.

You missed the "</huff>" bit, eh?

I'm sure you're correct about the weight, or at least closer than the
"shipping weight" figure on the page I cited.  I was just pointing out that
I didn't just make up that figure, and trying to do so in a faux-snit, in an
attempt to be humorous.  Or at least marginally amusing....

No offense taken, then or now.

I'll work on my writing skills.

-Shel