[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Phil Schilling phils at gcstech.net
Fri Jun 20 00:29:58 CDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:49:04 -0700
"N. Miller" <vraptor at promessage.com> wrote:

> It might not be hopping from a cultural activities standpoint,
> but doesn't Iowa have the best schools (elem/jr high/high) in
> the country?

Used to.  Gone downhill in the last few years.  Can't keep any good
educators here when the money is better everywhere else.  Have to add,
the young have a tendency to look only at the money and not the other
benefits.  Our cost of living is low compared to where most of the
others on the list reside.  My $75k here is rival to $120k or above on
the coasts and possibly in the south.  The house I live in only cost me
$28K 10 years ago but now valued at $85K when we remodeled the kitchen.
Hard to compare cross country but I live in a +2300 sq. ft. house maybe
all of you can somehow value.

Phil