[rescue] Spreadsheets

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Fri Jun 20 20:43:31 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 11:49:44PM +0200, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> > So what spreadsheets do people here use?  I tend to use either SIAG or
> > more commonly Gnumeric.
>
> Gnumeric. It's pretty stable. But I'm DEFINITELY not a power user when it
> comes to spreadsheets.

I'm only a power user for money (and hopefully I stopped having to
resort to that after college), and for certain family members.  I helped
my father develop quite a lot of analysis and modelling tools in Excel
backed by Access (weekly downloads from SQL Server into a form better
suited for analysis in Access because I convinced him to stop holding
all the data in Excel once his excel files were hitting 70+ megs).