[rescue] A bit of Fun

Steve Pacenka s.pacenka at verizon.net
Fri Jun 20 19:48:48 CDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 20:03, Mike Johnson wrote:

> See, I've heard complaints about 8500 and 8600's, but I never saw one.
> I really agree with you, though.  I love my 7500, which I've had since
> they were new.  It was the first time I opened a computer and got all
> excited.  The drives are a bit annoying, but I do so like the fold out
> stuff.

I had a long Mac-gap from IIcx to 7300 (last year), and the 7300 was a
joyful re-introduction.

Sadly, I have 17 7100's and Quadra 650's (same dreadful chassis) in my
dining room awaiting rehab.  7[2356]00 would be much simpler.

The 7100s and Q650s are also among the dustiest machines I've seen in our
rehab operation.  (Maybe they were in a dusty environment.)  I guess if
we can't get these to work as computers again we can repurpose them as
room air filters!

-- SP