[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jun 20 16:05:11 CDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Eh...It'd drive up their profits IF their user base remained
> constant.  I, for one, would stop using it...and I've spent a LOT of
> money on eBay (like around $80K according to my spreadsheet) since '99
> when I first started using it.

It'd be a nice option for the seller to have.  Either the seller can
have the auction end at an exact time, end some random number of seconds
before or after an exact time, or be extended by 5 minutes every time
there's a bid in the last 5 minutes of the auction.

It wouldn't be any dumber than reserve auctions.  Reserves piss me off
so badly that I won't bid on any item with a reserve, purely on
principle.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren